Re: [ARSCLIST] Capitol vs. Naxos

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Frank Forman wrote:

> Since the world is moving to making music available on line, I suggest
> that old recordings be placed on servers in a country like Canada where
> the fifty-year rule applies.

While I find that to be a wonderful idea, it also reminds me,
considering what the internet has done for world trade, how unenforceable
the spirit of the US copyrights is...

On the other hand, I would wonder if the submission, originating from the
US, of such materials, could be seen as a copyright violation.

Karl