[ARSCLIST] TX Meeting

IMPORTANT NOTE:  No one hates spam as much as me. If you don't wish to
receive these announcements in the future, please let me know and I'll
remove you from the e-mail notification list.

You are invited to join us on later this month for the Texas Chapter of the Association for Recorded Sound Collections' Fall Meeting!

Ed Case will present a program on Bob Skyles & his Skyrockets. "One of the
most fascinating, irresistible and - at times - maddening bands on the
musical landscape...they play with a raucus, ragged, rip-roaring abandon."
- Kevin Coffey

Ed's first radio job was as a volunteer DJ on Walter Reed Army Hospital's
Bedside Network 1948-52. He later worked for the Defense Department's
Public Information Office, ABC Radio's "Time for Defense," "The Armed
Forces Hour," Billy Graham's early "Hour of Decision," and a huge show
called "Battle Report" hosted by a very young David Brinkley. Ed moved to
Houston in 1952 and has worked for KTHT, KTRH, KRTS-FM radio.

He has narrated approximately 125 official films for NASA (from Gemini to
Apollo missions to Skylab) and conducted an in-home TV interview with
George and Barbara Bush. He also voiced radio spots for Bush's first
political campaign in 1964!

Here are the particulars: