[ARSCLIST] Need Advice on installing a new cartridge on new TT

Hey...Anyone out there an expert, or even competent at installing a
Cartridge and setting up a Tone Arm?  I just got a new TT that didn't
come pre loaded and I've never really done it before.  I know that you
have to tweak it a bit so that it is properly aligned and such, but the
instructions and small little measuring gauge are a bit on the vague
side.  I'm setting up my system, which is sort of an amateur restoration
rig, on which I'm going to be transferring my own records and those of
pals and family, both vinyl and some older 78's.  I'm not wiring up a
$10K VPI, but a more moderately priced unit that is geared towards
amateurs and record collectors. If anyone has done this please e-mail me
off the list.  Thanks.  Randy

PS...I would also really like to check out audiophile/tech nerd sites
that might have detailed instructions and info on tweaks/upgrades, and
such.  So far, of the places I have checked, they are either vague or
tell you to have a pro do it and the local pro told me he wants $100 to
do it.