Re: [ARSCLIST] Bolero by Ravel the definitive version?

At 09:57 AM 8/7/2003 -0400, Richard Warren wrote:
Dear Mike,

Perhaps you are thinking of the recording of Ravel's Piano concerto, for
which the attribution of Ravel's conducting is spurious. The recording of
Bolero can be authenticated in Piero Coppola's book, in which he comments
about it and his own recording, made with Ravel's advice.

It is quite possible. I have both (with some melodies he accompanies) on a Turnabout LP on which at least one title is incorrectly attributed. I have asked my expert for specifics.

One reason I"m reluctant to wade in with a recommendation is that it is a
work which benefits from modern sound quality but I know of no DDD
recording which serves it well.

Mike mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/