Re: [ARSCLIST] Long-term/preservation audio (delayed)

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Shawn wrote:

>  I have a 78 stamper of an Opera number recorded in the 1950s,
> it is very clear and playable,  (although you have to play it counter clock,
> and it had not lived a kind life.  It is copper with a nickel  facing.

----- it is not playable very well by means of a mono stylus or a thorn
needle, because the two sides of the groove have different information (one
being delayed one revolution with respect to the other. However, a truncated
elliptical (previous reservations still valid) and BROAD stylus in a stereo
pickup works well: just take one channel.

Kind regards,

George