Re: [ARSCLIST] Long-term/preservation audio (delayed)

Hmm to me the longest lasting way of preserving in modern media would be the DVD format.  Still if you want something that a cave man could play, well a metalllic record still information would be able to be retrievd, by spinning and a stylus.  I have a 78 stamper of an Opera number recorded in the 1950s, it is very clear and playable,  (although you have to play it counter clock,  and it had not lived a kind life.  It is copper with a nickel  facing.

Shawn

Do you Yahoo!?