Re: [ARSCLIST] RCA StereoTape Cartridge Information

Hi, Spencer,

I've done about a half dozen of these cartridges in the past year. Each one had the tape removed and it was played on a Sony APR-5003V with a1/4-track stereo head from Nortronics.

These tapes were recorded at 3.75 and 1.88 in/s and could be left/right or stereo. The most frustrating ones are the dual mono 1.88 in/s ones that never seem to end!

The quality of the pre-recorded tapes (at least one example) was surprisingly good. The client was very happy.

I can't say the same for the home-recorded ones. At least some of the machines would record with the cartridge misaligned. No joy here!

Cheers,

Richard