Re: [ARSCLIST] RCA StereoTape Cartridge Information

ANwer to the paragraph at the end, yes the tape can be removed and placed on an ordinary 7" reel.

Steve Smolian
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 7:57 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] RCA StereoTape Cartridge Information

Hello!  My name is Spencer Secoy, and I am an audio mastering engineer in Nashville, Tennessee.  We also cut vinyl masters, so anyone with questions on the subject can feel free to ask.  I currently have an RCA StereoTape cartridge player/recorder, and it is fully functional.  I also have all the original paperwork and booklets.  I'd be happy to post/share any information I have on the medium if anyone is interested.  One thing I'd like to know is if the head configuration/track layout on the tape the same as typical 1/4 track reel to reel tape.  And if so, can the tape essentially be removed from the cartridge and spooled onto a reel?  Look forward to conversing with you all.

-Spencer J. Secoy

Do you Yahoo!?