Re: [ARSCLIST] Jeannette Rankin Audio

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:25:02 -0700, John Ross <johnross@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>A few minutes with an online search engine suggests that the Jeanette
>Rankin Foundation would be a great place to start looking.
>
>John Ross
>Northwest Folklife
>

>At 08:55 PM 6-10-2003 -0400, you wrote:
>>I am looking for some audio of Jeannette Rankin, the first female member
of
>>Congress who voted against both World Wars One and Two, and kept up her
>>activities well into her 90s.
>>
>>I did see a 1938 interview on radio station WABC in New York which is in
>>the Library of Congress, and PBS has a video out on her, but does anyone
on
>>this list have any ideas on where to find sound of Jeannette Rankin?
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>Neal Lavon
>>Acting Director, English Programs Division
>>Voice of America
>>Washington, D.C. 20237
>>202-619-0112

The Jeannette Rankin Foundation is one of the places I'm hesitant to try
because it is a fundraising organization that makes grants. I've called
many places like this before and they are usually clueless about things
like this.

I think it's more the use of her name as opposed to having anything to do
with Rankin herself. But I can always give them a try.

Thanks for belping out.

Neal Lavon