From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steven Smolian
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2003 6:04 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] ELBERG MD12

With lateral mono records, the purpose of the vertical switch and
balance control is to null out the signals, thus assuring that when they
are switched to lateral, they will be in balance.

I feel strongly that this tool is so essential to all 78 preamps of
modern manufacure that it should be included in the basic configuration,
not as an option.

Steven Smolian