[ARSCLIST] Sony PR-150 squeal

Hi folks,

I've got a reel of Sony PR-150 in from a client with some music that's
important to him and his family.

It's squealing, but not shedding like Ampex 456.

It sounds like loss-of-lubricant as much as sticky shed.

Anyone find a good treatment for Sony PR-150 tape--it's one-mil polyester.

I'm pretty sure it's what's in the box--it's on a sony reel and it's limp,
thin tape. Limper, IIRC than the same thickness Maxell.

I'd also like your ideas for lubrication of tape. I've sent out some
private feelers in this regard. The Last Factory Tape Head Treatment works
for all of about 30 seconds in the last two attempts to use it...but once I
treated the whole cassette in 30-second increments, it played with only 2-3
stops the second time through. It seems the tape just wicks up the lubricant.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Richard