Re: [ARSCLIST] FW: Audio archives metadata

Although at the present time we aren't including metadata in header files, I
have been researching the topic and, perhaps, can offer some references.

1) www.loc.gov/standards/mets is a website for the metadata encoding and
transmission standard (METS) at the Library of Congress
2) http://lcweb.loc.gov/rr/mopic/avprot is another LOC website, this for the
Culpeper digitization project. Lots of metadata info here
3) http://ssdoo.gsfc.nasa.gov/nost/isoas/ is the website for the original
NASA Open Archival Information System (OAIS) Reference Model
4) http://pacer.gslis.utexas.edu/metadata/accession/bibliography.html This
is an annotated bibliography on the subject. See also
http://pacer.gslis.utexas.edu/metadata/index.html for subject matter
information.
5) www.Cube-Tec.com/tech_t3285_s2.pdf is a supplement to EBU 3285, which is
the spec for using a BWF with metadata. Follow this one up a level to see
information about the Quadriga system, which is an integrated, automated
"capturing" system for digitizing audio. Very interesting.

Hope this helps.

GySgt Karl Jackson
Audio Technician
US Marine Band