[ARSCLIST] ARSC Silent Auction in Philly

Title: ARSC Silent Auction in Philly

Please Contribute to the Silent Auction

As the annual ARSC Conference in Philadelphia is now only three weeks away, I would like to encourage everyone attending the conference to bring along a donation for the Silent Auction.  Of course, those of you not able to attend are also invited to contribute.   Im sure most of you have an extra item or two sitting around the home or office that might raise a few dollars for ARSC, and many of you are probably within driving distance of Philly and won’t mind schlepping a few extra things to the conference.   So, lets make this the best silent auction ever Please bring or mail your donations, no matter how quirky or obscure.  Past auctions have been rather heavy on books, which is fine, but Id like to encourage the donation of sound recordings or other recorded sound memorabilia (this is ARSC, after all). Have any  refrigerator magnets? Nippers?  Postcards?  Magazines?  One-hit wonders?  Perhaps a CD of something you produced or reissued?

I think we’ve proven that there’s a buyer for just about everything.  Remember, you can set an opening bid price and request that unsold items be returned by using the Silent Auction form posted on the conference website: http://www.library.upenn.edu/ARSC/arsc.html

If you wish to mail your donation, please send to:

Marjorie Hassen

ARSC Silent Auction

Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center

University of Pennsylvania

3420 Walnut Street

Philadelphia, PA  19104-6206

Thanks- I hope to see you in Philly.  Please e-mail me if you have any additional questions.

Brenda Nelson-Strauss

ARSC Conference Manager

bnelsons@xxxxxxxxxxx