[ARSCLIST] ARSC Conference - Thursday night Jazz Dinner

If you are coming to Philadelphia for the ARSC Conference, read on.

In an effort to try to give out-of-towners something to do on the Thursday night of the conference if they are not already planning to go to the Safe Sound Archive, I thought I'd come up with an event for jazz or music lovers.

Of the great treasurer in Philly is Ortlieb's Jazz Haus which has live jazz 7 nights a week. Regulars include local legends like Bootsy Barnes and Jimmy Oliver. It's not in town and is located in the old Ortlieb's Brewery in the urban section called Northern Liberties. It is not accessible by public transport. The room is not large and is long. It fills up early.

I'm willing to try to plan a dinner for 7:30pm and the band starts at 8:30 so that we have time to talk and get seated. The band that night is the Sid Simmons Quartet. This is not "smooth jazz". Unlike NYC and San Fran smoking is allowed. The menu is New Orleans style food and I seem to remember entrees in the $18.00 range. They only recently added a $5.00 cover but I think (not sure) it's waived for those there for dinner. They will not be able to accept separate credit cards so assume you will be paying cash.

We can't go later than 7:30 or we won't get seats.

So, here's the deal. If you are interested, you MUST email me at the following addesss - Stevenramm@xxxxxxx - by 5pm Friday, May 9th so I can see if we can manage it and I can make reservations. We will need cars to get there (I can take 4 more) so please state if you will have a car.

I'll compile email addresses and reply by Saturday as to whether it will work.

See the separate email from me about a Friday night event.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Steve Ramm
Philly resident and ARSC Treasurer