Re: [ARSCLIST] CD Burners

   I've noticed this too about Roxio 5. I tend to master a little extra
treble to help compensate for the loss, but it's not quite the same.
    The discussion of burners has been very helpful to me. Does anyone
have recommendations for software?

James

>>> smolians@xxxxxxxxx 03/19/03 03:38PM >>>
Has anyone checked for differences in audio quality between the
original and
the copy?  I've notices recognizible changes caused by CD writing
software
that is often blamed on the writer.

I'm now well convinced that Roxio 5, full version, whatever they call
it,
"softens" some attacks and spreds some notes in lower frequencies.  I
get
tighter sound that more accurately reflects what I hear when playing
back a
Sound Forge sound file from Magix Audio Cleaing Lab 3.0.

What we hear is subjective and often does not show up in anything that
can
be measured.  Nevertheless, I've done serious a/b testing here enough
convice me to change.

I've not seen this issue addressed elsewhere.

Steve Smolian
Steven Smolian    301-694-5134
Smolian Sound Studios
CDs made from old recordings,