Re: [ARSCLIST] Dry tape squeal problem

> You mentioned that the stuff has a tendency to soak into the oxide.  I
> suspect that's what we *want* to happen.  The tape once had a lubricant
> of its own, and the silicone could replace it.

Indeed.
The application of a silicon solution to the audio tape is aimed at
restoring the elasticity of the tape to as normal as possible state. The
silicon has to be absorbed by the tape, or rather by all the layers except
the plastic base, in order to give it proper specifications. From my
experience at least 200CS is needed, we use a much higher silicon base in
our formula.

Joav Shdema
Producer / Engineer

Joav Shdema Inc.