Re: arsclist turntables

Jeff Carroll wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am interested in knowing brands and models of currently available archival turntables. I am only interested in models that allow playback of 33/45/78 with pitch change capability & accommodation of transcription discs. Any information and/or opinions are appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff

One of the less expensive and popular tables is marketed by: http://www.esotericsound.com/table.htm
It's called the ATEN, and it has all the requirements you mentioned. We've used three of them at Family Theater for over five years and find them serviceable, but, unfortunately, the last one purchased last year had a defective pivot in the tonearm gimbal ring. Once we identified the problem, they, of course, quickly sent us a new one. I have noticed that the unit is sold and manufactured under other names elsewhere on the Web.

Rod Stephens
Family Theater Productions

-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html