RE: arsclist turntables

Hello,

Jeff, many people here use Technics SP-15 turntables with SME arms.
These allow 33/45/78 rpm speeds with digital pitch control and will go
as high as +/-9.9% (max 86 rpm)they feature direct drive motors with
high starting torque that allows the 6lb platter to get up to speed in
.4 seconds! -78dB stock or -80dB with my improved thrust bearing kit.
They are well built and very reliable.

 I specialize in SP-15 custom parts, repair and service, and I currently
have a completely rebuilt SP-15 up for sale. The following has been
performed:

1- All Electrolytic Capacitors have been replaced

2- Power supply transistors have been upgraded to hand selected matched
pairs of the proper C2335 transistor.

3- A Hand machined undersized spindle has been installed which allows up
to 1mm of record offset, included is a standard size collar for normal
use. (If you would like a standard spindle,

4- The spindle shaft has been checked for straightness

5- The bearing housing has had a 3rd screw hole drilled and taped for
added thrust plate stability.

6- a hand machined 3/16" thick aluminum thrust plate with polished
hardened steel insert has been installed.

7- all mechanical parts have been checked, cleaned and re-lubed with
special high Temperature grease.

8- Unit has undergone a 24 hour continuous use testing and break in
procedure.

 This unit comes with a SH-15 base. I currently have it listed on Ebay,
but will gladly end the auction for any ARCLIST member.

 Photo's of the unit can be seen here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3283&item=1945849
346&rd=1

Dave Meyers