Re: arsclist Cataloging

David Seubert wrote:

Our catalog tells our patrons what we have and describes the recording in enough detail to distinguish it from similar items. Collectors want discographies and libraries need catalogs and these will always need to be structured differently.

Fair enough, but I get extremely frustrated with library records that don't list songs. It seems to me that that should be part of any reasonable "minimum set" of descriptive information. Agree that the collectors/discographers can fend for themselves re: matrix nos., takes and so forth.

Best,

Joel

The Sephardic Music Project Joel Bresler, Publisher 250 E. Emerson Rd. Lexington, MA 02420 USA

781-862-4104 (Telephone & FAX)
joel.br@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.sephardicmusic.com(forthcoming)

-