Re: arsclist Antenna

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kurt Nauck" <nauck@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 7:59 PM
Subject: Re: arsclist Antenna

> At 04:51 PM 12/10/2002, you wrote:
> >Are you building to code?  If so, you may have a sprinler system inside
> >which goes outside.  Scrape off a little paint, put a metal tie around
the
> >pipe and drop an allegator clip with a wire attached to your antenna
imput.
> >Do NOT demo this to the building inspectors.
>
> No sprinkler system, but what if I tied into an I-beam or metal stud which
> is attached to the whole building (including the roof)?
Except that the whole metal building, and the sprinkler system via the water
pipes, is well and thoroughly grounded...has to be. For higher frequencies,
like FM, certain places (essentially impossible to find) might work as an
antenna...for AM...well, that's why you can't hear anything inside the durn
building!
Kurt, I sent you an off-list with more details...did ya get it?
...stevenc
(ex-K9JOO)

-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html