RE: arsclist RE: 78 Rpm Record Spindle Holes

Thank you for your insight! I just spoke with my machinist and I think
we have a solution!
 After examining how much of the spindle protrudes through the platter
and mat, I think we can machine PART of the spindle flat and undersized.
This would be lower then the bottom of the record surface, but protrude
enough to slip a sleeve over for normal record use! I think this might
be the best answer. This would work best with stock record mats, or mats
that are slightly thicker. But the thin felt type mats won't work for
this.

Dave