RE: arsclist Tubes will not die

Could it be because nobody makes a real state-of the-art
solid-state guitar amp, so you are comparing apples and grapefruit?
I always hear about how bad solid-state equipment is from those
who blandly compare the sound of a dumpy $49 component with that of
their favorite tube version, costing twenty to fifty times as much.
Give me a break!  Don't forget, there is (or was, before the tubes burned
out) plenty of crappy tube equipment which sounded awful.
People seem to forget that.

Also, I respectfully disagree with G. Newton who would have this type of
discussion banned from this list. We ARSC members are all very concerned
about sound-quality issues, naturally. I find I simply don't have time to
join other lists where I might find informed discussion of this subject.

Doug Pomeroy   pomeroyaudio@xxxxxxx
Audio Restoration & Remastering Services

----------
>From: owner-ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (ARSC Digest)
>To: arsclist-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: ARSC Digest V1 #142
>Date: Thu, Nov 14, 2002, 11:00 PM
>

> Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:06:03 +1030
> From: "McDade, Rob  (SLSA)" <McDade.Rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: RE: arsclist Tubes will not die
>
> Tube guitar amps beat the hell out of solid state ones any day!!
-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html
from the author of the post.