arsclist CD vs DVD?

Hello and thanks to all the ARSC list members for the expert advice that's
been posted on audio technology. I have a huge collection of blues tapes
(interviews and live music), on cassettes and reels, that I am archiving
myself until I can make a suitable arrangement with some institution or
library to manage the collection (if that ever happens). I had started
transferring some tapes to CDR but I see that DVD recorders are dropping in
price and I would appreciate any advice as to whether DVD is a higher quality
format -- also any advice on purchasing a fairly low-cost DVD recorder.
Thanks,
Jim O'Neal
Founding Editor, Living Blues Magazine
BluEsoterica Archives & Productions, Kansas City
See my website for more information on the collection: www.bluesoterica.com
-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html
from the author of the post.