arsclist Richard Burns

ARSCMembers:

It is with regret that I am passing along the news that Richard
Burns died last evening.  I know that many of you have known him
for a long time - as a record collector, colleague at Yale and
Syracuse Universities, or through the use of the Packburn noise
suppression units which he and business partner Tom Packard had
built and marketed for many years.

Dick has been in increasingly frail health in recent months,
although mentally as sharp as ever.  His great knowledge and
interest in records and music, as well as his work in audio
recording, however, will remain a chapter in the lives of many of us
who had occasion to connect with him over the years.

A memorial service is planned tentatively for Sunday 12 January at
3PM, in the Setnor Auditorium of the SU School of Music.  I will
confirm this with additional details as they become available.  I do
not yet have an family address for condolences, but any messages
that come to me will be conveyed to them.

Sue

Susan T Stinson, Curator
Belfer Audio Laboratory and Archive
Syracuse University Library
222 Waverly Ave., Syracuse, NY 13244-2010
315-443-3477    FAX 315-443-4866
-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html
from the author of the post.