Re: arsclist Convection oven and CD player recommendations

At 09:39 AM 10/15/2002 -0400, you wrote:
Also in the search for a simple single-well CD player for our reading room,
it has proved exceedingly difficult to find manufacturers who even make such
a beast anymore, everything is either multi-cd, or CD/DVD. The archivist is
unwilling to consider a used machine and wants something that will stand up
to heavy use, but without all the bells and whistles.
Any suggestions?

Broadcast Supply Worldwide appears to have single-well CD players from several manufacturers. http://www.bswonline.com/search_results.asp?searchType=category&subcat=cdma-playe

I have no direct experience with any of the models on their list, but I suspect your best bet might be to buy two or three of the the $130 Sony, keeping the extras as spares.

John Ross
Northwest Folklife
Seattle