Re: arsclist Rejuvenating curled acetate tape

I had great success with a piece of circa 1935 carbonyl iron tape that I placed in a high-humidity environment for about 24 hours. It was like satin ribbon when it came out.

Too bad there was no interesting program on it.

I used a large rectangular plastic container with a lid. I then placed stands in it to hold the tape about 4-inches off the bottom. I put an inch of water in the bottom. Put the lid on. Came back later.

The tape was in a can, but doesn't need to be.

Anyone have any thoughts on a 1976 3M dictation cassette that's squeaking--not sticky shed? It is causing audible scrape flutter in the transfer.

Cheers,

Richard