List Moderator

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Navalance
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 10:13 AM
To: Farrington, Jim
Subject: Re: Mitsui cdrs

Media Supply is the largest blank cdr/dvdr distributor in the U.S.  We are
also the number one Mitsui dealer in the country.  We supply National Public
Radio with their Mitsui cdrs. I have included some information below direct
from Mitsui. Please feel free to call or email me directly for special
prices for the folks on this list on Mitsui cdrs or dvdrs. You can reach me
at 800-681-9214 or email at joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  You can visit us at
www.mediasupply.com to get a better idea of who we are and see all the other
items we could assist you with.  Thank you for your time. Joe Navalance,
Media Supply, 800-681-9214

Yes, Kodak is out of the business.  It was not the best CD-R on the market,
> but it was good (Mitsui is the best :-)  They bought their dye from us and
> we taught them much of what they know about CD-R manufacturing and we are
> supplying many former Kodak users.  Mitsui is now the only CD-R
> manufacuerer in the US.
> See

http://www.mam-a.com/technology/technical_papers/documents/why_mit_cdr.html

 Mitsui holds a patent on the dye that we use.  Our dye allows us to produce
> CD-R media that lasts well over 100 years.  We still reject about 10% of
> all of the media that we produce because we maintain the strictest quality
> standards in the industry.  Many of our competitors will reject CD-R media
> if the defect size reaches >400 micrometers (if at all).  We reject CD-R
> media that contains defects of >160 micrometers -- that makes quite a
> difference in the quality of the product.
>
> Because Mitsui Media is manufactured to such high standards, losing your
> data is something that you don;'t need to worry about. (assuming that
> reasonable care is taken)
-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html
from the author of the post.