Re: arsclist Paper/Ink interaction with CDs studies?

Paper or cardboard should not contact CD's. Toner and inks vary
significantly with time and between suppliers. Sadly, they have not
conducted the necessary tests. There are CD/DVD quality inks available
for screen printing and are used by the large manufacturers.

Fusing temperatures of toners may damage discs. Also, the impact force
from inkjet printers can degrade quality.

The best identification method is to write a unique serial number on the
clear inner ring using a felt-tip pen with water based ink such as the
Dixon RediSharp Plus.

Jerry
Media Sciences