Re: CDs, was DATs, Was Re: arsclist Duplicating casette tapes

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

 Fred Kaeppel wrote:

> Re UV through glass:
>
> Isn't it true that you can't get a suntan in ......... a car
> with the windows rolled up, now matter how long you're in there?

----- No, it is not true. Some of my safest tans I have obtained on
my left arm inside the car window. The transmissivity of glass may
be only 15% for tanning UV, but that only means that you have to
wait about 7 times longer for your tan (provided your skin is a linear
medium).

For indoors you must recognize that sunlight from east or west
facing windows will penetrate quite far into the room, especially in
winter (at least on the upper floors), and that it may even slip into
shelving. This means that you may inadvertently obtain 2 hours of
daily exposure to direct (albeit filtered) sunlight in places where you
would never suspect, if you usually only experience your room
between 9 am and 3 pm or in the evening.

I would never let Whistler's mother look out of the window.

Kind regards,

George
-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html