Re: arsclist Need Amp

At 09:42 AM 8/5/2002 +0200, George Brock-Nannestad wrote:
From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Kurt Nauck wrote

> I need an amplifier with 70v outputs to drive fifteen 8 ohm mono
> ceiling speakers in my new building. Speakers are configured in a
> star, and each one has it's own volume control.

----- to me it sounds as if they are all connected in parallel, but that
each has a low-ohm variable resistor in series.

No, this is standard terminology for a standard configuration. Each speaker presents a 600-ohm load to the amp through transformer coupling. This is why standard studio headphones were (and on occasion still are) 600-ohm impedance.

I'm fuzzy on specifics; I've not worked with such a setup for several decades.

Mike

mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/