From: owner-ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Richter
Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2002 3:01 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: arsclist Need RIAA Phono Pre amp

At 02:51 PM 8/4/2002 -0400, Randy J Lancelot wrote:
>Hey...I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a good Phono
>Pre amp that I can use to connect my Turntable directly to my PC, for
>transfer of some old records I want to burn to CD for easy listening.
>For the time being I've been using the Tape out of my Vector Research
>VRX2700 Amp/Receiver, which is OK, but is probably not a direct shot in
>and back out.  Is there anything that is relatively affordable (say
$100
>or less) available via Mailorder or at a shop in the DC area?  I'm
>certainly willing to consider spending more, in the long term, for
>something that was miles ahead of the competition, but for now I'd be
>interested in the less costly options.  Thanks.  Randy

There are some simple circuits with good RIAA correction on the Files
page
of the CD-R side of my WWW site:
    http://www.mrichter.com/cdr/files/files.htm
The same page has information on two inexpensive commercial boxes.
Higher
precision is available at higher cost from many sources.

Mike

mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/

-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html
Copyright of individual posting is owned by the author of the posting
and
from the author of the post.

-