Re: arsclist Digital knowledge preservation

From: "Richard L. Hess" <arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

At 05:59 PM 6/18/2002 -0400, Mike Loughlin wrote:

If you cannot download this web page easily your equipment is obsolete.
(Cable connection + Musicmatch Jukebox=no problem)
Richard Hess Wrote:
Mike, I'm not sure that it's a good idea to design a Web service assuming that everyone has high speed internet. At least not in 2003. In 2006, maybe.
What I am assuming is that every public library and school has high speed internet.
Also, I do hope you're saving the originals AND the interim WAV files of the material you're turning into MP3s. You may not be able to hear the difference, but some individuals AND some processes might want the higher resolution copies.

Of course we save originals and other formats. The mp3s take up no space at all.

-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html
from the author of the post.