RE: arsclist question about XLR/RCA connections, pads, etc.

To avoid some confusion.

In the US 120/240 power is referred to as SINGLE PHASE. It is derived from ONE leg of a three-phase distribution system in MOST locations. However, at least some locations provide 120/208--still called SINGLE PHASE by electricians even though it's really two phases of a three-phase system.

There are some variants like 240V Delta with one side center tapped to provide 120-0-120 plus a 208V leg but let this not confuse you.

Also, most balanced circuits today are high-Z. See the Voltage Audio distribution paper I gave at the AES convention in NYC in 1980. I know of few power-matched installations being built.

http://www.richardhess.com/be/aes-80.htm

There are MANY myths out there. Make sure after you do something that it works <smile>. Even one author of a book confided in me that he'd write it differently today than when he wrote it--but there is no update, so people are still learning the wrong things!

Cheers,

Richard

-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html