arsclist question about XLR/RCA connections, pads, etc.

Can someone lead me to info about how to go from XLR outputs on
professional recording equipment to RCA phono jacks on consumer equipment
like CD burners, computers, cassette dubbing decks, etc.?  Do I need a
matchbox?  Cable or adapter w/pad??  Thanks!
Don Share
Curator
George Edward Woodberry Poetry Room
Harvard College Library
Harvard University
Cambridge, MA 02138

Telephone: (617) 495-2454
Fax: 	    (617) 496-3692
E-mail:    share@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website for policies and schedule of events:
http://hcl.harvard.edu/houghton/departments/poetry.html
-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html
from the author of the post.