arsclist Re:Question re: Rigler Deutsch Catalog

I'm forwarding the following answer from Sam Brylawski, Head of Sound
Recording Division of Library of Congress.

Steve Ramm

In a message
<< > "Kevin P. Mostyn" wrote:

 > > I have read that the Rigler & Deutsch Index is now available on CD-ROM.
 > > Does anyone know how or where to buy this?
 > >
 > > Thanks!
 >
 > Kevin,
 >
 > It was supposed to be combined with the American Vintage Record
 > Labelography (AVRL). Kurt Nauck (nauck@xxxxxxxxx) was in charge
 > of this ARSC project in conjunction with Chris Hopkins of Sound
 > Librarian.
 >
 > There is a website, but no purchasing information as of 1/02.
 >
 > http://www.avrl.com/
 >
 > There is an older site with some information about the project,
 > but it appears to be old.
 >
 > http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Museum/8764/avrl.htm
 >
 > ------------
 > Eric Nagamine
 > -

 The AVRL project was dropped by its programmer, who was working gratis,
 toward a commission on sales. ARSC members in the Labelography Committee
 of ARSC have been working to revive the discography by seeking funding
 from a foundation. We're "cautiously optimistic" (and have been for
 years!).

 The Rigler Deutsch Index has never been available on CD-ROM but the
 bibliographic utility, RLIN. Unfortunately, I don't think that RLIN
 databases are available to individuals. Universities normally offer free
 access to the service.

 Sam Brylawski

--- Begin Message ---

--- Begin Message ---
> "Kevin P. Mostyn" wrote:
> >
> > I have read that the Rigler & Deutsch Index is now available on CD-ROM.
> > Does anyone know how or where to buy this?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Kevin,
>
> It was supposed to be combined with the American Vintage Record
> Labelography (AVRL). Kurt Nauck (nauck@xxxxxxxxx) was in charge
> of this ARSC project in conjunction with Chris Hopkins of Sound
> Librarian.
>
> There is a website, but no purchasing information as of 1/02.
>
> http://www.avrl.com/
>
> There is an older site with some information about the project,
> but it appears to be old.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Museum/8764/avrl.htm
>
> ------------
> Eric Nagamine
> -

The AVRL project was dropped by its programmer, who was working gratis,
toward a commission on sales. ARSC members in the Labelography Committee
of ARSC have been working to revive the discography by seeking funding
from a foundation. We're "cautiously optimistic" (and have been for
years!).

The Rigler Deutsch Index has never been available on CD-ROM but the
bibliographic utility, RLIN. Unfortunately, I don't think that RLIN
databases are available to individuals. Universities normally offer free
access to the service.

Sam Brylawski

--- End Message ---

--- End Message ---