From: Richard L. Hess [mailto:ArcLists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 24 March 2002 19:30
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: arsclist non-member questions about CD-Rs

At 09:27 AM 03/24/2002 -0600, John Spencer wrote:
  1. In light of Kodak s decision to discontinue marketing gold archival media, where will the community look for archival CD-R media with excellent keeping quality?
    and Richard Hess replied:

     In discussing my decision with some people at NARAS (Grammy Grant folks) to use Mitsui Gold blanks, they were comfortable that I had thought through the process and did not have any alternative suggestions. We both chuckled at Mitsui's 300-year life expectancy claim, but wondered how their lawyers would let them say that if there was not at least some shard of evidence.

    Richard L. Hess                              richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Glendale, CA USA                           http://www.richardhess.com/
    Web page: folk and church music, photography, and
                     broadcast engineering

    legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you

    are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify

    the postmaster@xxxxx : The contents of this e-mail must not be

    disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.

    The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of

    the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the British

    Library. The British Library does not take any responsibility for

    the views of the author.