RE: arsclist A Concern: Ampex 611 tape

Hello All,

I just recently received some old reel-to-reel's of the same vintage and
brands that have been discussed here from my Grandfather. They have all been
stored in their original paperboard boxes, but in a variety of conditions:
closets, living room bookshelves, and musty a basement. All show the same
signs of smell, but very little other deterioration and I found no spotting.
The smell seems to dissipate almost immediately after opening the box and
without a winding.

Hope this helps add to the body of knowledge.

All the best,
Cameron

-