Ground Impedance for Sound Studio

Hello, everybody.

Sorry for any duplicates/cross-posting.

In a posting a couple of month past, at ARSCLIST, Graham Newton replied to
Kurt Nauck:
"Be sure there is a heavy contiguous ground wire available that goes
directly to a
solid earth ground at the electrical entry to the building.  Ground all your
equipment to this."

I am now involved in the design/construction of a sound recording and mixing
studio for one of our production units (animated films).

There's much discussion going on among our engineers, about the correct
impedance for grounding the equipment. Recording and mixing will be mostly
digital, but analog equipment will be eventually used too.

What would be the right way to ground the sound studio?

If the DAWs are networked with the rest of the computers in the building,
should everything be connected to a common ground, or should they have
separate grounding with different impedances?

What is the acceptable impedance for grounding sound equipment?

Is the ground to be independent from the grounding in the electrical mains
feed (transformer chamber belonging to the power company)?

I plead to the many experienced people on the list.

Thanks very much in advance.

José E. Llufrío
llufrio@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical Advisor