Re: arsclist Re: Elgar and Menuhin

During a recent visit to Hayes I discovered an internal memo, I assume from
the pressing factory (initials are WSP) to the Artistes' department dated
24th May 1934.  And I quote:

"Each recording will also have a suffix, either a triangle, a square or a
diamond, which will indicate Western Electric, Moving Coil or Victor
recording system respectively, and this is also the same as formerly."

This does seem to back up footnote 3, p 174 of Elgar on Record.  But does
raise the question, what was the Victor recording system?  One assumes that
it refers to the acoustical process devised by Berliner.