Re[2]: arsclist 78 cleaning machines.

Hi Jerry,

Loctite makes a threadlocker series of their super glue. Some are not permanent but have medium or high strength. You may want to consider them as a simple, long term, inexpensive solution to your problem.

Cheers,

Duane Goldman

At 10:56 AM 8/21/01 -0400, you wrote:
Susan Harvey wrote:

     >> have recently had to replace the motor -
     >> for an additional cost of $380-because the
     >> turntable would not stay attached to
     >> the record spindle.

I work with an "Archivist" Monks machine, purchased about two years ago.

     I also have a problem with the turntable not staying attached to the
     spindle after a period of time -- maybe 50 records or so. However, I
     haven't replaced the motor.  My solution has been this:  I remove the
     black surface pad from the turntable, unscrew the flat metal ring that
     holds the turntable to the black plastic spindle part, then tighten
     the two "allen-key" screws located at the base of the spindle part.
     It's a cumbersome and time consuming process, but fixes the problem
     for a period of time.

Otherwise the machine has been fine.

     -Jerry Fabris
     Edison NHS, West Orange, NJ