Input requested

Dear ARSC Members,

As you may (or may not) be aware, Otari Corp. makes a complete turn-key system for the process of transferring analog reel tapes and cassettes to digital files which can then be manipulated later (or can be left untouched) for storage on the digital media of your choice.
I am looking for some feedback regarding some options that we are considering.  This information will be transferred back to our R&D department in Japan.  These options include but are not limited to:
  • Tape Cleaner Assembly for the open-reel player
  • Leader tape gap detector
  • Pin-hole detector
  • Splice section detector
These features may make our player more applicable to software based systems that are being used by some organizations.  Otari's commitment to the open reel (analog) market remains steadfast in light of current trends to "go digital", and we want to make sure that we are providing the necessary tools to support the archival efforts that are underway and those that will be tackled in the years to come.  Feel free to contact me offline if you would like, or you can call me direct at (615) 255-6080.  I look forward to hearing from all interested parties.
Best Regards,
John Spencer
VP Sales and Marketing
Otari Corp. US