Re: arsclist need consultant//Hope you're feeling better

Hi, Laura,

I called about 2PM on Friday and heard that you were out sick. I hope that you're feeling better.

When would be a good time to call on Monday? Would 2PM still be OK?

As a brief background, I am a Principal Consultant at National TeleConsultants in Glendale, California. We specialize in broadcast system design for clients such as ABC, DIRECTV, Fox, Microsoft, and others. A current project of mine is working with ABC to develop an all-digital, computer-based news system for the network studios in New York.

I am on the Los Angeles Section Committee of the Audio Engineering Society (AES) and the AES Technical Committee for Archives, Restoration, and Digital Libraries. I am also involved in the harmonization between the Advanced Authoring Format (AAF) and AES's AES-31 standard.

My personal interest includes tape restoration and transfer and I have a Web page about that at http://www.richardhess.com/tape/

I am currently working on some of the oldest tapes in the US--some of the ones that Jack Mullin brought back from Germany after the Second World War and were used for work with Bing Crosby and Burl Ives. There is an article about that work coming out in the July/August issue of the Journal of the AES.

I'm sorry that NTC doesn't have a Web site, but we generate business the old fashioned way, by referrals <smile>.

I'm interested in talking with you because I think that the collection you have is valuable, and there might be an opportunity to work with you on a project that involves my personal and business interests.

Cheers,

Richard