Wranitzky's Oberon

Dear List Members,

I wonder if anyone might be able to help me with a query. I'm trying to determine if a recording has ever been made of the opera Oberon, König der Elfen (Oberon, King of the Elves) (1789) by Paul Wranitzky (1756-1808), a contemporary of Mozart.

I've tried the London National Sound Archive and they cannot trace any recordings of the work. It's a long shot, but does anyone know of a recording, or can anyone suggest where I might try looking next?

Any information would be gratefully received.

Dr. Steven Jan.
Manchester UK
steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx