Re: arsclist record collecting

In a message dated 03/04/2001 7:47:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
fu.manchu@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  anyway, further to my last mailing...
>
>    just what is it that constitutes a 'collector'? - the amount of items,
>  the genre of music, categorization...?

What distinguishes a collector from an accumulator?

People seem to accumulate large collections of recordings even more than of
books. Perhaps part of it is just the magic of holding in your hand, whether
an Edison cylinder or DVD, an object that will recreate a performance on
demand.

Mike Csontos