Wilcox-Gay Recordio disks

Hello,

I received an inquiry from a patron about Wilcox-Gay Recordio disks.  It
seems she found several of these recently and is wondering if it is possibly
to play them on a regular record player.  SHe described them as about the
size of a 45 rpm record, apparently made out of cardboard with some sort of
coating (plastic?).  She also mentioned that the coating is covered with
little cracks.

I have turned up a little information on the WWW about these, and there was
one posting to Nostalgia Air that says the disks can be played back on any
turntable at 78 rpm.

Can anyone out there confirm this, and possibly tell me a little more about
these disks (or at least point me in the right direction)?

Many thanks,
Terry Simpkins
Music Cataloger and Music Archives Librarian
Music Library
Center for the Arts
Middlebury College
Middlebury, VT 05753