using cleaning tapes

Thank you for all the comments and suggestions provided concerning how to
clean and demagnatize tape heads. Unfortunately, my query was not specific
enough: We generally use isopropyl and swabs and we have a wand
demagnatizer--the problem is that we have some equipment we cannot use
those tools in (the heads are placed in a position we cannot easily get
at). One staff member has asked about using cleaning and demagnatizing
tapes--which would alos help in that we could assign the cleaning job to
student workers. I gather, since no one mentioned them, that noboy uses
them. But what are the hazards?

Thanx again,

Barbara Need
Manager