Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item


1. Metal plates used for interleaving or for fences in casing or covering books. 2. Large sheets of metal interposed between lifts of flat printed India or other thin papers on automatic feeders of folding machines. They are used to prevent sagging of the lifts. 3. Polished sheets of zinc used in plating paper.

[Search all CoOL documents]

URL: http://