Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

pressing boards

Flat boards of solid or laminated wood, or fiberboard, used to insure even pressure when books are pressed. Since they are placed between covered books, they must be smooth and lined with clean waste. See also:CASING-IN BOARDS .

[Search all CoOL documents]

URL: http://