Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item


1. A machine used for pasting sheets together, either in a continuous roll or as separate sheets. 2. A device for applying a fine line of paste or other adhesive on one or both sides of a web of paper, the web then being cut, printed, and folded to produce booklets in which paste is used in lieu of sewing or stitching. The adhesive can be applied only in the direction the web travels. (17 , 339 )

[Search all CoOL documents]