Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

panel ( paneled, paneling )

1. A form of decoration consisting of single, double, or triple lines, rectangular in shape, formed by a fillet or pallet, in gilt or blind, either on the sides or between the bands on the spine of a book. Cf:BORDER (1) ; FRAME (1) . 2. See: CAMBRIDGE STYLE . (99 , 105 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

URL: http://